Hello lovely readers,
So I have been craving pizza for weeks now! My body literally hates gluten, it attacks itself as soon as gluten, in particular wheat, enter my body. It’s as though my body is trying to tell my mind to understand its needs by creating bloating, stomach cramps and hangover type headaches the next day. So here’s a tip, LISTEN to you body! If you’re tired, bloated and a bit blah after a meal, your body is giving your brain a message to look after yourself. They are all signs to help you make the right choices for you.
So there are numerous way of creating your own gluten free pizza base, including cauliflower! I’ll bring you this recipe later on! This one is really simple. I had some gram flour in, so decided to make a crepe from that, which would be my base. Then once I added all of the topping, it needed grilling for 10 mins or so, or until the cheese had melted. Be careful buying gluten-free breads as they are laden with hidden sugars which need avoiding.
But if you are a pizza fiend like me but want to enjoy your fix without the bloating, then this is for you!
For the base:
1/2 cup Chickpea flour
1 tsp Oregano
Salt & Pepper to taste
3/4 cup water
Tsp Olive Oil
For the topping:
Fresh Basil or Parsley
1. Turn grill on.
2. Mix all ingredients for base in a blender.
3. Heat a little olive oil in a non-stick pan.
4. Pour the batter into the pan & cook until sides lift up a little. Flip over and cook for a further couple of minutes.
5. Place ‘base’ on a flat board & spread the tomato puree on, then layer on your other ingredients as you wish. (You can add courgette, mushrooms, peppers, whatever you like! Best to choose veg that doesn’t need long to cook so it softens enough)
6. Grill for approx 10 – 12 mins & Voila! It’s ready!
Much love until next time