Hello lovely readers,
I was asked what tomato sauce I use for my meatballs and various recipes, so here it is for you. Very simple!
- 1 tins chopped tomatoes
- 6 fresh vine tomatoes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped.
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, or more if you like it spicy spicy!
- Coconut oil, for cooking
1. Fry onion in a little coconut oil until soft, approx mins
2. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 2 hours. ( You can cook for less time, but the depth of flavour is nowhere near as delicious!)
3. Serve with Vegan Meatballs.