This Egg Frittata dish is hands down one of the most popular dishes I serve on retreats. And I have been asked for the recipe many many times. I don’t just cook vegan, I like to use eggs and goats cheese when I want. I’m not Vegan myself, but I do love vegan food as well as you can be so creative! Unless the retreat is Vegan I make this dish on every retreat.
Frittata is traditionally an egg based Italian dish, and frittata roughly translated means fried.
However this is a recipe designed to make life easy for yourself. It’s an oven baked frittata.
No egg sticking to the pan.
The frittata staying in one whole piece instead of falling apart when you try to cut it.
You can focus on making a green salad & hummus while it is in the oven rather than watching it in the pan.
I made this on numerous retreats, but on one in particular I made it twice! I asked everyone for their favourite dish and made the favourite on the last day. Mariposa Retreats created by my friend Lucy run regular retreats in Ibiza, and they absolutely adored this dish, and I adored them.
Baked Egg & Goats Cheese Frittata
- 1 Leek finely chopped
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 8 Sun-Dried Tomatoes chopped
- 150 g Goats Cheese sliced into rounds
- 12 Eggs
- Handful fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp Basil
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 4 Asparagus spears
- Salt & Black Pepper as desired (don't be shy!)
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan, line a 12 x16 inch pan with baking paper and preheat oven to 180’c
- Finely chop the leek & onion
- Once oil is hot, add leeks and onion with a generous amount of salt and pepper
- Cook for 15 mins on a low-medium heat until they are soft and slightly browned. When they are cooked, remove from heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile, chop sun-dried tomatoes & slice the goats cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and add dried herbs. Season with salt and pepper, ,add the onion & leek mixture and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add egg mixture to the pan, then add the goats cheese as you like it. I also like to decorate with some whole sun-dried tomatoes and sliced asparagus for colour.
- Bake in oven for 20 - 25 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- While this is cooking, you can make your side dishes. I serve my frittata with artichoke, pepper & olive Italian salad with freshly made hummus
- Info Room For the purpose of Venture Capital Discounts – What Documents Are Important to Share With Buyers?
- Scanguard Review – Antivirus Protection To get PC, Apple pc and Mobile phones
- Selecting the best VDR Control Solution
- Data Rooms Designed for Investment Financial
- Picking the right Board Application