Quick & Easy Stuffed Courgettes:
This delicious vegan and gluten free recipe for stuffed courgettes is fabulous as a main dish, or if you have a meat eater in the house as a tasty side dish. I like the cumin as it adds an Indian flavour to it, but you can take this out if you prefer. Courgettes are a great source of Vitamin C and Manganese which both protect your body from nasty free radicals that harm our immune system. The are great raw or cooked, try chopping them into sticks and serving with guacamole or hummus or a snack – a good alternative to the usual carrots and celery!
Healthy eating doesn’t have to be expensive, as all of these ingredients can be used in so many recipes so you can keep your cupboard and fridge stocked for the week yet keep your diet varied.
½ small onion, peeled and chopped
1 tsp coconut oil
1 garlic clove
1 large carrot
1 tsp Ground cumin
1 tsp fresh ginger
A handful of soaked almonds
A pinch of pink Himalayan salt
Sprinkle of pepper and/or chilli pepper
- Preheat oven to 375’f
- Saute onion in coconut oil for 5 minutes.
- Chop courgettes in half, scoop out the soft centre to make good hollows for stuffing.
- Chop the scooped out courgette centres and add to the onion along with the garlic, ginger, cumin and carrots. Cook until slightly soft
- Remove from heat, add the chopped almonds and salt/pepper to taste
- Cover and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
Muchos love and courgettes